Visual Thinking Tools for Educators Dealing With Integration of Migrants And Refugees Training Course
6-14 October 2018 | Vienna, Austria
The TC objectives:
– To increase awareness of using visual thinking tools in youth work with migrants and refugees, thus eliminating language as a barier
– To learn what are those tools and how to apply them to concrete educational practice
– To create a common “graphical vocabulary” that can be shared with more youth trainers and youth workers afterwards
– To explore different art and graphic techniques and define how they can be useful in work with various inclusion groups
– To try out different techniques and identify what fits more to participants’own personal facilitating style and educational environment
– To become more self-expressive and to reduce risks of misunderstanding
– To share examples of visual realization of different cultural back grounds enabling co-cultural expression and awareness
A training course, which will take place in Vienna, Austria 06/10/2018-14/10/2018. During 7 working days we’ll focus on visual thinking tools and graphic facilitation as well as using infographics and other visualization tools and cover the following topics and themes:
– Visual thinking; what it is: a concept and how it could be applied to youth work with migrants and refugees Learning what doodling, infographics, graphical recording,graphic facilitation and scribing are and how they can be used in education Practicing the usage of various visual tools.
– Creating concrete products: posters, videos, infographics etc.
– Planning the personal development strategy.
Board and lodging of the participants will be fully covered by the organisers. All participants will be accommodated in a room for 3-4 people max. Three meals a day and coffee breaks will be provided in the whole duration of the activity.
There will be a participation fee of 50 euros.
Travel reimbursement: Azerbaijan – reimbursement limit 360 EUR
The link to the application form: