For the year 2018-2019 Central Bank of Ireland has established a scholarship programme to undertake a fully funded part-time honours degree for students to grow their career and gain experience and invest in themselves.
This Scholarship Programme is designed to identify and nurture talent and to support motivated individuals to start a career while, in partnership with Griffith College, pursuing further education. In choosing to start your career with the Central Bank, supporting you will be our priority.
Central Bank of Ireland will offer the successful candidate a four-year employment contract and, in partnership with Griffith College, a place on one of these three-year part-time degree courses:
- BA (Hons) in Business Studies
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) in Business Studies (HRM)
These courses will commence on 17 September 2018.
Successful applicants will work full time at Central Bank while completing their studies in Griffith College on a part-time basis. Upon joining Central Bank, the applicants will be placed in either the Human Resources Division, the Financial Control Division or the Regulatory Transactions Division for the duration of the four-year contract.
Learning and Development
As part of the Scholarship Programme, you can expect:
- A comprehensive induction
- Career development guidance
- A supportive performance management system
- State-of-the-art in-house training facilities and study spaces.
On the Scholarship Programme, you can expect:
- A competitive salary (c. €25,758)
- 24 days’ annual leave
- Excellent personal development and training opportunities
- Educational assistance and paid study leave
- Flexible working hours and excellent work-life balance
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Great sports and social opportunities
- A growing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme
- Employee wellness programmes
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- TaxSaver commuter ticket scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme.
What We’re Looking For
If you have these skills and attributes, we want to hear from you:
- You are driven, motivated and a self-starter.
- You want to learn.
- You have recently completed your Leaving Certificate and have attained, or expect to attain in the current academic year, a minimum of two honours grades (H5s), and a minimum of four ordinary level grades (O6), including a minimum O6 in ordinary level Maths and a minimum O6 in an ordinary level language. This can be English, Irish or another language.
If you have previous working experience or have completed an internship within financial services or a related area, that’s great. However, it is by no means a requirement.
Do you think you are a good fit for the Central Bank? Are we a good fit for you? Are you ready to make an impact and grow your career while undertaking a fully funded part-time honours degree? If you are nodding “Yes” to these questions, we want to hear from you.
As part of your application, you will be asked to describe some of your achievements and your motivations in applying for the Scholarship Programme.
Closing date: 12 August 2018
The selection process includes an interview that will take place on either 16 or 17 August in our Dockland Campus.
Please note: Applicants must not currently hold a third level qualification.
Application Link: https://centralbank.ie/careers/scholarship-programme-2018-2019